Sunday, November 20, 2011

Classic Country

My husband's been at an art show most of the afternoon, and it's raining, so I'm listening to the music channels on cable. I worked my way through Christmas for about 30 minutes and decided it's just a little early with Thanksgiving being next week. Then I did some blues and jazz and Christian gospel. Now I've settled on Classic Country, which seems to be the 70s through about 1985 before country went to town with bling and pop. I didn't know there was a song about a 1957 Chevy. Sung by Billie Jo Spears--hadn't heard about her either. She's probably doing the retirement home circuit now--born in 1937. Also enjoying the Statlers, George Strait, Johnnie Cash and George Jones.

Do they write love songs about Toyotas?

1 comment:

Jim McKee said...

"...now makes her home in Vidor, Texas, and continues to tour."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billie_Jo_Spears