Saturday, November 19, 2011

A few health tips

We've had a bedbug scare in Columbus. I think 2 were found in a school and they sent notes home, closed it and sprayed. Bedbugs don't kill or even spread disease. But sometimes treatment is lethal. Like that NC woman who had renal failure, diabetes, hypertension and depression and was taking 10 medications when she and the hubby decided to treat the home for bedbugs with 9 cans of an insecticide NOT for bedbugs, and 9 cans improperly used. Then she put it in her hair and applied a bedbug and flea insecticide to her arms and sores on her chest. She died 9 days later in the hospital. I just don't think bedbugs were her biggest problem. JAMA, Nov. 9, 2011

----------------

I don’t put anything in my mouth or on my skin that isn’t a product of the USA or a territory, or Canada. For olives I make an exception--Spain or Italy. We pay a lot for USDA and HHS, so I want that protection. Imagine my surprise today when I picked up a 4 oz. Johnson’s baby powder and it was product of Indonesia! I looked at the large bottle, and it only had “distributed by” and nothing about country of origin. Hey! Baby powder is basically corn starch. Are you telling me there is not enough corn in the USA (even with turning it into fuel to be “green”) for baby powder? My empty container says “Made in USA.” READ ALL LABELS.

-----------------

‎97.6% of the pregnant women who go to Planned Parenthood for help are sold an abortion. In 2009 332,278 surgical abortions or RU 486 were delivered, or 27.6% of all abortions in the U.S. (1.2 million). Defund Planned Parenthood--they lie about their services for pregnant women. PP is a killing machine using our tax dollars. Planned Parenthood 2009 Annual Report

-------------------

No comments: