Monday, September 08, 2008

The baby and the former POW

Have a little baby and a candidate ever shared the spotlight at a presidential convention? If Sarah and Todd Palin never do another good thing in their lives, they have probably saved more than a few babies from distruction just by showing him off and calling him perfection. They've called attention, or the media have, to the awful news that over ninety percent of these little ones are being aborted after testing reveals their situation. But to have him on stage with a man who also survived when others wanted him dead and broken. That is just a perfect image of this passage in Isaiah 46 where God says false gods like Bel and Nebo are burdensome and unable to rescue:

Listen to me, O house of Jacob,
all you who remain of the house of Israel,
You whom I have upheld since you were conceived,
and have carried since your birth.
Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Hi Norma,

We could have a fun discussion about Gov. Palin-- Hope to see you tonight!