Friday, February 10, 2006

2145 Wafting

". . .an odd bread-like, sweet, yeasty smell wafted through the room. Every student in the room involuntarily smiled wryly and said...mmmmm that’s the distillery." (Smithie, an AZ blogger living in KY). Wafting is a sweet old fashioned word that means "a slight or gentle movement of air" and often I associate it with smells, don't you? It is also used with sounds.

Wafting--as I move. I just got out of the shower and am ready for our Friday night date. I'm wearing black slacks and a red velour top with black, shiny spangles (it's Valentine's week-end, you know), and low black heels. And I'm wafting. I smell like a perfume factory, and haven't so much as sprayed a drop of cologne or perfume.

1) My bath soap is a green deodorant bar.

2) I also used a vanilla scented body wash--it smells lovely, but I think it undoes whatever the magic the soap did and it makes the shower very slippery.

3) My shampoo and moisturizer is Aveda which has a very distinctive smell.

4) I used a body lotion after the shower for dry skin (caused by the soap and hot water) and it is perfumed.

5) I brushed my teeth with Crest, minty flavor.

6) I applied an anti-perspirant, also scented.

7) My lingerie smells like a well-known laundry detergent under my elegant outfit.

8) I slathered Merle Norman moisturizer on my face and it is delicately scented.

9) I followed that with Merle Norman foundation (I'm very pale) which has a much stronger smell.

10) I brushed my cheeks lightly with some Merle Norman color, which I'm sure has a scent, but by now my nose was waving a white flag and my eyes were bleeding.

But I'm not wearing cologne. It would be overkill.




3 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds cool! I love scented products, so I try to buy them all the same so I don't clash with myself. I can't always do that, though, drag.

Have fun tonight!

Lori said...

I would never have taken you for an Aveda gal Norma.....that's my favorite shampoo. Blue Malva.

Norma said...

With the exception of the Merle Norman and Aveda, everything I buy to apply to cheap, cheap, cheap. With both products, once I used that first bottle, I never looked back.