Thursday, February 09, 2006

2134 Thank your fairy blog mother week

While reading Uisce this morning, I learned it was Thank your fairy blog mother week. Like a lot of holidays, it has gotten out of hand. It used to be one day, now it is a whole week, which allows those of us who clicked in late to participate.

My fairy blog mother is PJ, a very talented and pretty professional writer I met on Usenet. It's possible she considers me her out-of-weblink, rather-forget-you bundle of grief whose daddy was the article in the Wall Street Journal which rated five blogging hosts. She's liberal and I'm conservative, and she sends me you did good love pats if I write sweet, endearing memories, but she defintely doesn't like my political/social/cultural take on the day to day things that matter.

Things were getting mighty nasty in the Miscellaneouswritingville (MWville) neighborhood back in 2003 and 2004. Gangs of thugs patrolled the streets. A Brit particularly was harrassing me. I had to block his e-mail--still do. So I tried blogging where I'd have the control, but had a few hitches in my get-along when I started and e-mailed PJ for help. She graciously threw a few hints my way and I was off and running, or blogging. Now I have seven blogs, but this is the one that gets most of my attention.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

7 blogs? that is quite a bit of output!

It's the give and take that's fun... I have no blog fairy, as with most things I just stumbled in... and found it much more civilized than the rough and tumble of forums.

Anyway... I enjoy your posts:)

Granny Snark said...

Well my goodness, I have to say I've never been anyone's fairy blogmother before and I'm deeply touched. Does this mean I have a magic wand and a diamond tiara and I can wear a fluffy pink tulle dress and everything? YIPPEE!

Seriously, Norma, I love your writing ... I've told you that more than once. You are warm and witty and talented. And actually, you have the idea that I'm liberal but that's not the case. I can see why you'd think that because we've disagreed in the past on the current administration (hotly on occasion) and I know we still do disagree on that--but that's okay. The world would be pitifully boring if everyone agreed on everything, and besides, you and I agree on more than you think.

Now, I'm sprinkling some magic dust on you so you'll have a splendid weekend.