Tuesday, June 05, 2007

3874

More abortion tax dollars wanted by Planned Parenthood

Since it started offering abortions in the 1970s, Planned Parenthood has performed over a million abortions, many of them with our tax dollars. No, it doesn't get all its funding from the public trough, just about a third through Title X, and it's coming back for more. Some people actually donate money to this death machine, which I suppose is the balance of its budget. 5,000 abortions a week isn't enough--it wants $100 million more--even as its abortions are up and its other services such as important health tests for women, are down. Having a Republican President who had a Republican (wimp alert) congress was no protection for those babies. President George W. Bush and the Republican-majority Congress Increased Title X to a record $288.3 million in FY 2005. And what about PlaP's claims on its website that Title X money isn't used for abortions? Well, let me think. Dump it all into one pot, pay the other bills like mammograms and high blood pressure and salaries and rent with it, and use the other accounts for surgical abortions. It's an industry--and the product is death. All that's needed to shut it down is to check the number of teen abortions against the number of reports to child welfare agencies on underage children seeking services. That won't happen.

Now that the ban on chopping up the few babies who make it alive to the birth canal was upheld, the Democrats are really panicked. "Senator Barbara Boxer and Representative Jerrold Nadler have introduced a bill, called the Freedom of Choice Act, that would dramatically expand federal protection of abortion rights beyond what is required by Roe v. Wade or Planned Parenthood v. Casey. The bill would invalidate many federal, state and local abortion laws, including the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act." [ACLJ] However, Democrats have always played straight with us on this issue; they are pro-abortion. It is the Republicans who are too squeamish to stand up for what they said during their campaigns for office.

Go here to fight additional funding for Planned Parenthood with your tax dollars.

2 comments:

JAM said...

Somewhere along the line of my life I took a strong liking to hard rock music and heavy metal. I didn't listen to it for years, until I found some Chrisitans doing that style of music. One of the most hard hitting songs I've ever heard is an anti-abortion song by a group called the Galactic Cowboys (no longer together). The song is called, If I Were A Killer and the lyrics go somthing like:

This is just a hypothetical story
Of someone, let's just say it's me
I'd gain acceptance for my murderous ways
By stalking a defenseless prey

If I were a killer, I'd smile just like the boy next door
If I were a killer, I'd say I do it for the poor
If I were a killer, You'd bring me victims more and more
If I were a killer!

Supreme Court would agree to hear my case
And find me innocent of crime
Holding public rallies to incite sympathy
Creative actuality

If I were a killer, I'd hide behind a doctor's door
If I were a killer, I'd scrape you off my office floor

Like you said, it IS a business, and this is the only song put out by a major label band that I've heard with such pointed, anti-abortion words.

I see little ads on some folk's blogs that state: "xxxxxx babies have been murdered since the start of the Iraq War." and it updates the number. I was planning on seeing if I could add one to my blog this weekend.

Dancing Boys Mom said...

The Republican Party's cowardly approach to this issue is one of the reasons I've never bothered to change my card to say "Republican" instead of "Democrat."