Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wild turkeys

couldn't keep me away from browsing "deepwoods" photos over at Weather Underground photo blogs.



She writes (but I can't find a place to comment and tell her how much I've enjoyed her photographs): "I am a lady who is now a stay at home homemaker. I live in the woods on the rocky coast of Maine. There are many opportunities to snap some great nature and wildlife scenes, as well as whatever else catches my eye as being interesting or a little different. I also love to bake, and do bake all our bread. Reading is one of my favorite pasttimes, non-fiction only. I am working on a book about my dog, Ridge, who also appears in many of my photos, as he is my constant companion...my hiking buddy, and my best friend. My firm belief and hope is that everyone will one day make a visit to the great state of Maine....it's not called "Vacationland" for nothing!" Sounds like a great life, doesn't it? I spent a summer session at a college in Maine, and we went there to see some fall color in the late 1970s. It is truly a gorgeous state. And winter doesn't look too shabby either!

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Thanks for sharing the picture of wild turkeys. It is a beautiful scene.

On which of your 11 blogs can I find a question about Christmas traditions?

Ginco said...

Thank you for sharing that blog address with all those wonderful pictures. I have searched for a little spot to leave a comment, but couldn't find it, but I'll definately check back for more!

Anonymous said...

Great picture - living in Norway, it makes me feel at home (although we don't have any snow in Oslo yet!).

RennyBA's Terella