Monday, January 07, 2008

Monday Memories

Did I ever tell you about my retirement party?
Somewhere, I'm sure I did. I think I had five of them. Librarians love to party--it's a well-known secret. I found my thank you to the committee in the OSU Knowledge Bank here on p. 5. My thank you works itself around some photos of people I don't know who were at the party. Tom Heck, the music librarian, and I had a joint party, so the cake had animals (for veterinary medicine) and musical instruments on it. I received a beautiful glass vase as a gift, and still use it regularly. I think I had the best job in the world, and I haven't missed it a minute.

I wish I could explain Knowledge Bank to you--it's called a "digital repository." There is no explanation on the website, and the arrangement looks like the game of 52 pick-up, even though it is a cooperative effort between the Libraries and the Office of the Chief Information Officer. Just type something into the search window--you'll be surprised. You might get an undergraduate honors thesis in biology from the 1970s, or an entire book published by the OSU Press, or even a blank screen. Or my retirement party.

No comments: