Saturday, July 26, 2008

I really miss this

As a former Veterinary Medicine Librarian (1986-2000) and before that an Agriculture Librarian (1978-1982) I really miss books like this. Yes, even at $195 I would have purchased it, taking it to lunch and coffee break, swooning over relationships and paradoxes. I might have even posted the cover on my bulletin board and reviewed it in my monthly newsletter about new titles. Reading about bugs always builds my faith in creation. Helminths, arthropods, nematodes, bacteria, worms. Oh, it's all so interesting, but who has the time to keep up?

1 comment:

JAM said...

This is where give you a heartfelt "Better you than me" on the bugs.

Growing up looking forward to National Geographic every month, I was invariably disappointed with the "spider" or "ant" or some other bug issues. As a kid I wouldn't even touch the pages containing pictures of spiders, they creeped me out so bad.

I know, I was a wimp. I'm pretty much still a wimp when it comes to spiders. I'll be the brave hunter with a flip-flop for the occasional roach or other insect in the house. My wife and daughters know they are on their own when confronted with a spider.