Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Family Photo--Party Time

I'd better get going on this cleaning. We're having a bunch of people (Cursillo team) over tonight. We're providing the meat, otherwise it's pot luck. Do you know what this hostess' nightmare is? The woman who brings a "salad," still in the grocery bag and needs about 10' of counter space, your sink, utensils, and frig to put it all together! Ladies, puleeeze. Pot luck means you bring it in the pot, not in 6 baggies with contents that need to be washed, cut up and mixed!


De Colores!

Update: I'm also saving the environment. Today I used one of those "friendly green" concoctions that cost triple the usual. Cleans like crap. I looked at the label and it is vinegar and water. Then I sewed a button on my husband's favorite summer shirt rather than throw it away the way rich politicians do. It had been in the back of the closet since 2007. Then on my walk I pulled weeds along the curb and didn't spray an herbicide.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you should wear more sunscreen

Anonymous said...

Love the Paul McCobb. LL

Anonymous said...

I love trolls. A lot of the green stuff is just silly. We have had all of this sort of thing enviro friendly, but it is pretty much usless, tissues are ugly grey and fall apart, no more plastic bags to scoop poop with please...

We are having a bit of trouble with our Emmaus (Crusillo) group staying together now that our pastor who was a huge fan of it all has been reappointed. I have gotted fed up with showing up to an empty church that I have opte for another situation, still if any one out there has a chance to go on a Walk do it it will change your life

De Colores

Hokulea

Norma said...

Yes, it's been my experience in every small group, from Bible Study to Book Group to legislative action, there has to be a charismatic catalyst to lead the charge, make the calls, send out the to-do list.

As a Christian I'm very conscious of our responsibility to care for the earth, but the "we can control the climite" Christians (meaning they want to control me) leave me cold. I remember when we were told to use plastic bags because we were saving trees! Wow. I'm so old!