Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Those damnable cooking and recipe sites

Lady-Light posted a new blog link today on kosher cooking, but I'm not going there. Fabulous recipes and cooking sites, even the ones that promote healthly, organic, globe-friendly and/or religious/spiritual recipes are really demonic. They just tempt me to leave the computer and go to the kitchen, open the fridge, and eat something, anything, because their blog or website was so tastefully designed and tempting, it made me hungry.

Sometimes, it doesn't even have to be a recipe. Yesterday after art class I rushed to the Farmers' Market before it closed: 2 ears of sweet corn (others can buy a dozen, but my husband hates corn), a bag of dark leaf lettuce, a bag of baby spinach, and a quart of green beans. All of it probably picked within the last 24 hours, grown right here in northern Ohio by local growers, and lovingly trucked to Lakeside, Ohio. So I fixed a fabulous lunch of sweet corn, and tender cooked spinach and since I'd missed my morning apple and carrots (I was out with the bird watchers where I learned binoculars 101), I also ate an apple and carrots. That was so tasty and healthy, I grazed the rest of the day on anything that wasn't nailed down.

No comments: