Monday, June 08, 2020

How will you promote racial unity?

Our pastor (on-line because UALC is still on lockdown) asked the congregation how God was leading them to promote racial unity. Here’s my response to my small group.

“I am trying to promote racial unity by publicizing that the statistics on blacks and police are false; that some form of this anti-white, or black lives matter version rolls around every 4 years, and it is now an election year. I won’t claim that God is leading me, but I will say years of being a librarian, an OSU faculty member and a liberal Democrat have certainly brought me to my views, and I hope God was in there someplace.

If you were going to look at the damage of lead paint in child brain development, you would most likely begin with a data base of children who possibly could have been exposed to lead.  Then from that subset of children you would move on to demographics and health studies.  But that’s not how the left treats crime statistics.  Instead of using a subset of people (all races) who have police confrontations because of their criminal behavior, they use the statistics of police-involved deaths and measure that against the percentage of all black males in the population—6%. Probably 99% of black males over 50 have no involvement with police, but they are factored in.  So if 25% of those shot by police are black, but 6% of the population is black, it’s called racist.  However, about 40% of the confrontations with police are with black males, and about 50% are with white males, particularly young—say, 18-30. For as long as the DOJ has been keeping statistics, blacks have a higher rate not just of violent crime, but a much higher rate of being victims than whites do. So in terms of criminals being shot by police, white criminals have a higher rate of police deaths and higher number than blacks.

This is where the media come in.  When was the last time you watched news reports 24/7 when a white man was shot by police in commission  of a crime. And yet it is much more frequent than for blacks.  The people who suffer the most from these every 4 years lies are black citizens.  After Ferguson and Baltimore, both of which ended in race riots during the Obama years, crime soared in the black neighborhoods and those black business people and home owners left as quickly as possible pulling out their values, talent, education and investments and moving to the suburbs. Blacks are then told only more government programs and voting for Democrats can save them.

So that’s what I’m posting on my blog and on my Facebook page and on the two e-mail discussion groups (managed by men I went to high school with) I’m in.  You’re welcome to disagree, but I’ve got the research. I’m not by any stretch saying there’s no racism, only that it’s being used for political gain, and you can hear the same outrageous claims  that have always fueled racial hatred, like moral depravity, born bad, etc. I’d like to present as a small piece of evidence Candace Owen’s testimony in Congress on hate crimes. https://youtu.be/xlF7z0uHolE  She’s black, conservative, pro-life and Christian.

No comments: