Sunday, June 21, 2020

Memorial Service for Philip Vincent Bruce June 20

https://youtu.be/o4CB_7_cqiY

Dear Norma and Bob,

Today’s service remembering Phil was extraordinary! Although I never met him, I feel as if Phil could have been one of my best friends. I’ve never heard so many people speak so lovingly at a funeral service.  What a handsome, lovable, loving, and caring person he was! Phil did the Lord’s work here on Earth as he was called to do.

It was also so good to be back inside a real church!!!! My heart was happy and sad at the same time. I hope your hearts are peaceful knowing how much Phil meant to so many!  Being a parent is hard but you did your job well!!!

Love and hugs, Jane

-----------------------------------------------

I watched Phil's memorial service online.  It was the most beautiful sendoff.  The pastor and the praise band were both wonderful.  What touched me most was hearing the comments from Phil's friends.  What a huge impact Phil had on everyone who knew him - he touched a lot of lives.  Hearing from people who knew him well and were with him until the end of his life went straight to my heart.  What a wonderful memorial.

I hope Phil's memorial helped your family say goodbye to Phil in the way you wanted.

God Bless, Josh

--------------------------------------------------------------

What a wonderfully meaningful service, so glad it was available online.  The personal tributes  were so meaningful and heartfelt.  Clearly Phil was a kind, caring person and a gift to so many.

Continued prayers for your comfort in the days ahead.    Maureen

------------------------------------------------------------------

We watched the beautiful service through FaceBook, and were touched by the words of remembrance.  What a great testimony to Phil's life.

Our warm regards and prayers are with you and Bob.
Your friends,  Eugene and Barbara

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Bob and Norma,

The service was beautiful and touching to both of us. I am so glad we did not have to miss it. I was feeling exactly what Bob expressed when he felt compelled to take up the mike. What marvelous insight into how Phil’s friends were affected by the privilege of knowing Phil. What an extraordinarily compassionate, gentle, generous and loving man he was. I had tears in my eyes throughout the service.

We knew him only a little as an adult. We now both treasure the opportunities we had to get to know him personally as a caretaker for our dog. It gave us an opportunity to spend time with him in his own home and to talk a little about his life, his job, his church and band, and his love of animals. Knowing this much about him, his friends references to their experiences with him came alive. I was amazed at how deftly he used jamming together to get to know people and to share his love for Christ and for them. What a tragedy that his life was cut short. He was the kind of person the world needs more of. We realized something similar when we began to hear the stories told by Martha’s friends at and after her funeral. Now we have to grieve another good life cut short.

I want you to know how much we came to love Phil and how much we grieve with you over his departure. Praise God that he lived in Christ in what seems to be a wonderful Christian fellowship at GRCC.

Love,

David and Donna

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Norma,

It really was a beautiful service.  I know why Phil loved the music there. Those musicians were amazing. Right before they sang, "Overwhelmed", I saw a vision of Phil and Jesus on the altar arm in arm. Phil was a very special man. Praise God!

Darlene

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Norma,

I sure yesterday was very difficult for you and Bob and I hope the service offered some comfort and peace. I have to say that it was the most beautiful funeral I have ever attended. Phil was a very special guy. He was loved by many. His joyful spirit and love of Christ will live in all who knew him. We continue to keep the Bruce family in our prayers.  Susan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: