Friday, September 05, 2008

Luther or Calvin

I always score higher as a Calvinist than a Lutheran on these internet quizes, so I thought I'd better look into it. Grace Brethren has purchased the church building up the road about 1/2 mile--it is a grand daughter of my "home" denomination, Church of the Brethren (Anabaptist--left the progressive Brethren in the 1930s which developed from an earlier 19th century split) but I think it's basically Baptist in theology and style with some dispensationalism on the side. Is that Calvin? Maybe someone could clarify this for me.

Today I pick up:
    The following items, which you requested, are now available and being held for you at the library.
    Author: Luther, Martin, 1483-1546.
    Title: Martin Luther's basic theological writings / edited by Timothy F. Lull ; foreword by Jaroslav Pelikan.
    Call Number: 230.41 Lu c. 1
    Item Class: 28 Day Circ

    Author: McGrath, Alister E., 1953-
    Title: A life of John Calvin : a study of the shaping of Western culture / Alister E. McGrath.
    Call Number: B Calvin c. 1
    Item Class: 28 Day Circ

No comments: