Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Tuesday at the Lake

This morning I walked the lakefront in Lakeside with one of Columbus' finest--a police officer. She's been on the force for 30 years and is a proud patriot and solid Christian. Strong in mind, heart and body.

Paula Deen is being held to a higher standard than the elected officials in our highest levels of government. So yesterday I bought one of her products at Wal-Mart--yes I did. I made a political statement for a Peaches and Cream cake.

1004768_608532045844184_1840618758_n[1]

We’ve hardly had any TV for 2 weeks—we think our renters in June moved the antenna and we can’t get it to move.  But this evening during a storm, channel 5 from Cleveland appeared.  About every 10 minutes they are running the video of the 3 women  held hostage in Cleveland. Michelle Knight, who was held hostage for 10 years by Ariel Castro in Cleveland, speaks out about her faith and new life. Good advice for us all. "I may have been through hell and back, but I am strong enough to walk through hell with a smile on my face and my head held high," she said. "I will not let the situation define who I am. I will define the situation. I don't want to be consumed by hatred." And she testifies to her faith in God in the video, although that was not included in the AP summary I read.

I have a tip for Lakesiders who have hit the Patio Restaurant for too many hot fresh donuts in the morning or the Whistle Stop or Coffee N Cream for ice cream after the concert at night. If you walk into the Fountain Inn (3rd St. side) there is a slight slope down and a glass door that will pick up your reflection. This will give you 3 inches more height and slim you down by about 20 lbs. Works every time.

No comments: