Sunday, January 15, 2006

2033 Win a prize from Cordelya

Cordelya's blog turned up on the new member list of Homespun bloggers this week, so I took a look. She likes to pose questions. This week she is talking about "lifehacks," or those techniques that reduce life's problems or chaos. Here's her proposal.


What is your best lifehack? Blog about it, tell me about it, and pass it on, and you might be the lucky person to receive a $15 iTunes e-certificate. Here's what you do:

Write a blog/journal entry about your best lifehack
Include the following little snippet of code in your entry:
Cordelya wants to know your best lifehack, and she's giving away a $15 iTunes e-certificate to a random contributor. Find out how to enter here.

Connect your entry to this entry by trackback if you have that capability, or post a comment on this entry with a link back to your entry so I can go read it.


So rather than make a separate entry (I don't even know what an iTune is so doubt that I need the certificate), I'll just pass along my tip (lifehack) for budgeting your way out of a financial mess: tithe your income to your church or synagogue. I don't know anyone who does that who can't make the month meet the bills. I don't know if it is a spiritual principle, or if it is you just have nothing left over for foolishness and thus develop good spending habits, but it works.

However, I did read in the WSJ the other day about a program called "Individual Development Accounts" which have helped the poor buy homes, start businesses and save for college. In two of the examples, the poor people in the program found money to invest by--are you ready for this--giving up cable TV, manicures, and cell phone. I love it. Only in America!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iTunes is software by Apple for downloading and playing digital music files (mp3s, etc). You can buy individual digital music tracks from the iTunes store for 99 cents each. A $15 iTunes gift certificate will allow you to purchase and download 15 tracks of your choosing from the store.