Monday, January 16, 2006

2039 A silly meme for Monday

I saw this at Eamonn Fitzgerald's Rainy Day.

1. My uncle once: served bravely in WWII, but died in the CBI theater due to someone else's stupidity.

2. Never in my life: have I lost a permanent tooth, but the crowns are increasing. I even have my wisdom teeth.

3. When I was five: I attended kindergarten in Alameda, CA.

4. High School is: where I learned most of what I know of useful, lifelong skills, especially typing and playing trombone.

5. My parents are: (were) honest, hard working, loyal, disciplined, and they stayed married over 65 years despite one being a Republican and one a Democrat.

6. I once met: Michael Jackson in a hotel in Columbus, OH. He was such a cute little boy. He probably doesn't remember.

7. There's this girl I know who: wears blue lipstick to look different and "with it" but looks like a corpse. Considering the number of dead people in the world, that's not terribly original.

8. Once, at a bar: (last Friday night, in fact) I saw about 20 women gather for an after work party squeezing around two of those round tall tables.

9. Last night: my daughter dropped by after borrowing our SUV so her husband could deliver her new washing machine.

10. Next time I go to church: I will hear a sermon on glorification, according to the schedule announced eariler.

11. When I turn my head left, I see: flashes of light that aren't there. It's called po- post- something I've forgotten, but it happens.

12. When I turn my head right, I see: my books, family photos, phone, TV and cd player.

13. How many days until my birthday?: You mean there's more?

14. If I was a character written by Shakespeare I'd be: someone's mother.

15. By this time next year: I hope I've visited Finland and Russia.

16. A better name for me would be: In Latin my name means pattern or model, which I translate to mean "follow his woman, she's never wrong," so why would I change it?

17. I have a hard time understanding: why people enjoy being late. They are perceived as rude, not important, which I think is their goal.

18. If I ever go back to school I: would be an artist.

19. You know I like you if: I want to hang out with you on Friday nights.

20. If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: my parents.

21. Take my advice: always.

22. My ideal breakfast is: an apple--Braeburn, but Honey Crisp when they are in season, quartered then sliced into about 12 pieces, with the skin on.

23. If you visit my hometown: you won't see much, but it has an interesting history in printing and publishing.

24. Why won't someone: find a good rest home for Teddy Kennedy.

25. If you spend the night at my house: I'll put out fresh towels and change the sheets in the guest bedroom.

26. I'd stop my wedding: if the groom didn't show up.

27. The world could do without: one more salty, crispy snack food high in fat and calories.

28. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: watch a film made by Michael Moore. (I used Eamonn's here--sounded perfect)

29. Paper clips are more useful than: i-Pods. (the keyword being "useful")

30. If I do anything well, it is: blogging frequently.

31. And by the way: I have 6 other blogs for you to visit. One isn't on blogspot.

I won't tag you but this is fun to do as quickly as you can with the first thing that comes to mind.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Norma...I just need to know how useful that trombone playing has been in your life? Family band? Choir addition? c'mon let's hear it!

Norma said...

I just take my husband's word for it. He says you haven't been kissed until you've kissed a trombonist. I sold mine in 1967 thinking I would probably never be invited to play it at a party, which is one of its disadvantages. Although I have been invited to be in a town band.

Lori said...

Good One!! we'll all take his word for it!