Wednesday, March 14, 2007

3582

My letter to Rush

Dear Rush,

I listen to you most days, and take you along on my walks in the park enjoying the effects of global change. I'm right with you on how silly Al Gore has become, that the Republicans don't know how to defend themselves, that John McCain is a joke, and that the Democrats are the party of death and defeat in Iraq.

However, today I had an epiphany. You don't understand women. At all. We don't think it is hilarious or insulting or witty to be called a woman! Nope. We actually like being women. So when you can think of no other way to ridicule Presidential candidate John Edwards than to call him a Breck "Girl" or to use the song "I am woman" to introduce him, or to call him a female candidate, that falls pretty flat for your female audience, even those of us who are conservatives.

The nonsense today about the abortion e-card just caused me to change the channel. Neither pro-life (me) or pro-choice women (just about everyone I know) see anything funny about abortion. It has caused the deaths of about 35,000,000 babies in the USA and a lot of pain for women who thought or were misled at the time that they had no other option. Not funny, Rush. Nope. Not at all. You've really insulted your female audience this week, plus you gave that silly woman with the e-abortion card a promotion on your airtime she could never afford to buy.

No comments: