Friday, October 05, 2007

4182

Friday Family Photo

I've been looking for a reason to post this, and I realized while sorting through some photos yesterday that these were taken in 1987 and 2007. The first is my mother and her sister, Muriel, taken at the home where they grew up. We'd had some sort of family gathering, an impromptu reunion with relatives from both sides of the family. That was my first summer as an empty nester and I really enjoyed being back in the "nest" myself. The second was taken this summer. Mom died in 2000; Muriel is now nearly 91 and is the youngest and only surviving grandchild of the folks I'll show you next week. She's enjoying the Fourth of July parade with her daughter in the second photo.



1 comment:

JAM said...

That's a great set of photos. I'm sorry you lost your mother, but am glad you still have Aunt Muriel around.