Monday, October 08, 2007

4193

Repost my triggers

This morning I went back to my Thursday Thirteen where I posted my 13 food triggers. It was September 28 of last year, and we'd just returned from California. I stepped on the scales and saw 150 lbs and decided it was time to change my ways. Unlike a lot of women who claim ignorance on why they gain weight, I knew exactly what the reason was. I was eating more and moving less. I'd gotten broad band and it was. . . broadening. It took 6 months, but I got back to 130 lbs and size 8.

When I returned from Ireland on the 19th, I'd bumped up about 2.5 lbs, but you should see the wonderful food we had! After a week or so, it went back down, but now it's up 3. So this morning I reviewed the list, and I was violating 10 of the 13 triggers, and at the grocery store this morning I kicked in another (avoid the snack food aisles at the store). So I've posted them on my printer shelf, and on the inside door of the pantry.

For example, one big food trigger is pizza of any type, but especially pepperoni with double cheese. I think I've had that 4 times in the last 3 weeks. Friday night we ate at Sloopy's in Lakeside--I had a personal size pizza, and my husband had a sub which came with chips. Chips are also on my food trigger list. Not only did I eat my own pizza, my hand kept sneaking under his arm for his chips, and I also had chips on Saturday at the town's Fall Festival lunch. I've been sneaking peanut butter, and the other day I got a package of crackers out of the cupboard intended for my husband who has actually lost weight since he took up sailing. Ice cream isn't even on the list, but I've been eating it, too.

Yes, indeedy,
I'm gettin' needy
It all looks yummy
to my tummy
don't need no snacks
in my slacks
so it's no more chips,
no more slips,
no more trips
(goes to my hips)
or double cheese
if you please.

No comments: