Monday, October 08, 2007

A relief from the heat

This evening a cool front should move in and move our heat. . . to the east. I'm sure this is a relief to the global warming folks too, because none of the October heat records were posted after 1963, and that's a bit of an embarrassment, I suppose. Well, if you worship man's control of nature, that is. Now we've had a string of really hot days which will bump up the average. For the first week of October, the former records for our area were set in 1952 (89), 1919 (88), 1953 (89), 1959 (89), 1951 (90), 1963 (86) and 1941 (88). And remember, in those days, no one had air conditioning, so it must have been pretty uncomfortable on those record setting days.
    I am the Lord, and there is no other.
    I form the light and create darkness,
    I bring prosperity and create disaster;
    I, the Lord, do all these things.

    You heavens above, rain down righteousness;
    let the clouds shower it down.
    Let the earth open wide,
    let salvation spring up,
    let righteousness grow with it;
    I, the Lord, have created it.
    Isaiah 45:6b-8

No comments: