Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We have these drivers in Ohio, too

Crazy Aunt Purl writes a humorous but "hurt-so-bad" blog, and has turned it into a book. She's divorced (the story's in her book), has lots of cats, and knits. On her way to Thanksgiving dinner with her grandmother and parents, she encounters a drunk driver trying to kill a lot of people; she called 911, but was kept on hold for 20 minutes, and finally had to exit the freeway.



Driving with your middle finger wagging is usually a pretty good breathalizer.
    This is from her archives, Jan. 31, 2005. Someone should recommend this as a hymn for divorced people (I've reformated).

    "When my husband left me,
    and a variety of other really bad things
    began to happen in succession
    my landlord put the condo up for sale!
    my car stolen from the subway station!
    Mr. X goes to Italy without me!
    moving costs me almost $1000!
    clearly, I have pissed off the gods!

    I finally decided to give up
    on keeping up appearances.
    I gained a few pounds.
    I smoked in public.
    I told the pizza guy that my husband had left me.
    I was a little crazy
    in those first few months,
    I admit.

    Eventually, I figured out
    that my goal was
    to simply live out loud.
    Lie less.
    "No, actually, my sex life isn't fulfilling."
    "To be honest, I am not everyone and I do not love Raymond."
    "Actually, I hate sushi."
    "Yeah, I'm older than Sanskrit. What is your point?"

No comments: