Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Show me the Chicago child

who benefited from Obama's management of the $100 million dollar Chicago Annenberg Challenge. Did they learn to be better readers, thinkers, writer, communicators? Did they go on to a community college or university and study math or science? Or did they just get more political and radical nonsense that won't help them with life skills. Obama had the benefit of a very good education--he learned his politics on the side. Couldn't other children? When asked in 2000 about his experience to run for Illinois Senate, he cited this experience. So, where are those children? I'd like to see the results.
    Obama replied: "Well, I'm in my second term, but it's true that certainly both Senator Trotter and Congressman Rush have been in elected office longer than I have. I can't deny that.

    "I would argue, though, that my experience previous to elected office equips me for the job. You know, I have a background as an attorney. I've represented affordable housing organizations to build affordable housing, something that is a major issue in the district. I've chaired major philanthropic efforts in the city, like the Chicago Annenberg Challenge that gave $50 million to prop school reform efforts throughout the city."
The economy and the current mess with government bailouts of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is big news today. How did he do with smaller amounts? Like $100 million? Obama and Ayers

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't you find anything ELSE to write about? You seem so fixated(is that a word?) on this guy.Then complain and say it is sexist if others ask even soft questions at your Sarah.Perhaps it would be wise before continuing this rant on Obama to look a little closer at Sarah's skinny record.If you would look at it,you would see she is clearly flawed.Do not fall prey to ' Oh,gee,a woman goody,goody" A lot of smart Democratic women didn't fall for that during the primaries. I remember much Hillary bashing from you then and Hillary was far more qualified for this office than your Sarah. In the sense of fairness,really now.Oh,thats right this your blog and you are da-- proud of always shooting your mouth off. Right or Wrong,by Gad this is America. Remember the poor working slob is getting ready to bail you uppity types out.Sign me: disappointed in the heartland

Anonymous said...

Murray Sez:
My, My, My! People get so worked up over nothing. Is there any middle class people out there that REALLY think they will benefit from either party?? Get used to getting screwed over people!

Anonymous said...

When you continue to mention Obama's name with Ayers, and I have no doubt you will, are you also going to continually connect McCain's name to Charles Keating?

I have my doubts that you'll do that.

Norma said...

Anon dear: you are welcome to start your own blog on topics you are interested in. Meanwhile, this is my blog and you are a guest here, so at least be polite. You find ways to support your candidate, and I don't agree with you.

And Murray, I do have my doubts that anyone benefits from either party when I watch the current Fannie Freddie mess. But we can't all go out and take out our frustration hitting little white balls.

Anonymous said...

You can blame him for not doing much if you want, but if you read the annual report which gives the history and results, sounds like he didn't have much to do with anything. Wasn't even in the acknowledgements. Not sure why or what he did to include mention of it when he was running in Illinois. Pretty dull stuff.

Anonymous said...

why didn't he tell them he was a community organizer? Was this affordable housing ever built?