Monday, January 12, 2009

On to week two

The parties are over, thank goodness; yesterday was the last of the holiday open houses. It's wonderful to have a full dance card--I'd feel just awful if we were never invited out, but boy it is rough on the hips! As Richard Simmons says, "A smaller behind in two thousand and nine." I start the second week of exercise class today. I was pleasantly pleased with last week--I particularly liked Monday and Friday (led by women much younger than I) which included a lot of stretching and weights. At my age, bone health is probably more important than cardio, which my husband emphasizes on Wednesday when he teaches. I didn't have any more leg pain than usual when I do nothing or just walking. The trick will be to keep it going to week 10 or 11, right? I still have some of the same measurements as high school--just not in the same places.

No comments: