Sunday, January 18, 2009

The science of music

There's an interesting display on the science of music at the Science and Engineering Library at the Ohio State University. Also links to some books (including e-books) you might enjoy. I had no idea. . . I'm practically next door and I probably won't make the trip over, but you can see a lot from the web site.

There's a link to History of the 8-track. I think I saw a box of these in the basement yesterday when I was looking for the box of Christmas dishes. We used to have a HUGE collection because my father-in-law (the Indiana one) worked for RCA. I can still remember him saying that the cassette would never have the good sound quality of the 8-track. When it comes to technology, never say never. Our first 8-track player was in our 1968 (?) Olds Delta, 4-door, dark forest green. We had two baby seats in the back and still could have had room for the grandparents, all 6 of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously, it's the middle of january and you're looking for a box of christmas dishes?

Norma said...

I know--but they go with the blue tablecloth I'm using. They were buried so far under the condo board meeting files, I didn't even try.