Monday, October 02, 2006

2932 Rush was right

While listening to Rush on my walk today, I heard him say that Republicans wouldn't know how to smear cream cheese on a bagel, referring to how Democrats are bringing out various smear stories in the remaining weeks before the election. "Oh come on--don't you remember Lewinsky?" I said to myself. "Or Condit?" "Or Kennedy?" "Or labor unions' links with mafia?" or when Dick Armey called Barney Frank, Barney Fag (although that's not exactly a smear).

However, when I brought up Explorer today, my RoadRunner news flashed the story, "Scandal rocks GOP." So I typed that into Google and got about 1.5 million. I only glanced at 10-20. Then (since there is not an equivalent acronym for the Dems) I tried DNC, but those were mostly about the DNC smearing Republican candidates written by angry bloggers. Then I tried with quotes, "scandal rocks Democrats" and I think I got 3 or 4. Republicans never even got a good shot at Sandy Berger, even though I'd be in jail if I tried to do what he did.

Rush was right. They couldn't smear a bagel. Or the media is awfully silent when the page is on the other hand.

No comments: