Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Banner by TNChick

Thirteen things about the Thursday Thirteen I deleted.
1) I started working on it several days ago.
2) When I saved it in draft, I changed the date and time to read Oct. 5, 8:15.
3) Began polishing it yesterday afternoon.
4) Went to Google and found just the right photograph to illustrate it.
5) Brought up the photo, and for once was able to get the words "Thursday Thirteen" in the right size and color just where I wanted it, first try.
6) Decided it was sort of lengthy, so I cut one entire introductory paragraph.
7) At 6 p.m. Columbus had a huge storm with tornado warnings.
8) We talked to both of our kids twice.
9) Our daughter who lives a few miles west of us had baseball size hail in her yard.
10) Then it hit here.
11) To be really cautious and not lose my work, I turned off the computer, and watched that TV show about people who disappear on TNT.
12) When I rebooted after the storm, my carefully crafted TT really didn't look that great.
13) So I hit the delete key and went to bed.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! Leave a comment and I'll add your name and URL.

I don't use Mr. Linky, so you don't need to register and your links will stay put! When I visit your site, I'll leave a comment only.

Visitors and visited:
BabyBlue, Barb, Beckadoodles, Blessed Assurances, Bubba, Buttercup and Bean, Carey, Carmen, Caylynn, Chaotic Mom, Chelle Y., Dane, Danielle, Darla, Denise, Domestic Geek, Dorothy, Faerylandmom, Expressing myself, Friday's Child, Gattina, Ghost, It’s all about me, Jane , JB , Joan,, Just Tug, Kate, Kaye, Kelly,Kendra, Lazy Daisy,
Mrs. Lifecruiser, Lyndsay, Lynn Ma, Mar, C.A.Marks, Mary, Michelle, MommyBa, Nat, Nathalie, Raggedy Randy, Ribbiticus, Shannon, The Shrone, Southern Girl, Sunny Days, Sunshine Blues, Susan, TC, Test, Tigerprr, TNChick,

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your TT didn't look so great after the storm! :( I hope you have better luck next time around! Happy Thursday. :)

Darla said...

ARGH! Oh, how frustrating! Glad you weathered the storm okay... That is, I'm assuming you did, since you're back online?

Anonymous said...

You got me very curious, so I hope you'll give it another try! I hope you and your family are save now.
My TT is about witches.

Shannon said...

Ok, I need to see what was deleted. Please share it (as best you can!)

Have a great Thursday!

Lazy Daisy said...

Quite and eventful evening. Hope everyone fare the storm well.

Carmen said...

tornado-weidling storms scare me. I'm glad you guys came out on the other side of it, even if it did cost you a 13. ;)

Gattina said...

And thanks to the storm you could make a nice list which is very original ! Maybe I should list what is in my recycle bin ? Anyway it's to late.
Happy TT

Jane said...

Well at least you got a clever T13 out of the storm!
My T13 is up.

Kendra said...

awwwww sad. well Happy Thursday!

karen! said...

Aw! Man! Sounds stressful!

Anonymous said...

I'm curious as to what the original October fifth Thursday Thirteen was going to be! When I go back to reread earlier drafts, I always find a better way to phrase things. I don't edit nearly enough! If I did, I'm afraid I would end up deleting everything. LOL

Glad the storm has passed.

Unknown said...

I like Random 13s! I don't like baseball size hail storms.
Glad you are all OK!
Happy Thursday!

BTW, love what you've done with the Fall pics. :P

Frances D said...

My 13 is about a 13 that didn't make it either.
Blogger sent it into cyberlimbo, and I forgot to copy it before hitting publish.
That is they say is the breaks.
Glad the kids are okay :)
Frances

Chaotic Mom said...

ARGH! How frustrating about the storm! And the Thursday 13. I'm bummed I can't see your banner, either. I can't even see MINE for some reason today!

I'm reading some more of your recent posts, too. VERY interesting political ponderings these days...

THANK YOU for visiting my T13. I like your autumn backdrop! ;)

Dane Bramage said...

Thanks for visiting my T13 this week. And thanks for the tip of copying the links. I still use Mr. Linky but now I have the links after Mr. Linky "expires".

Lynn said...

A great TT anyway! I was happy the storms went south of us for once, but I'm sorry you and your family were in it's path. I saw the news this morning and they showed that the hail left holes in the siding of several homes. Hope none of you experienced any damage. Have a better weekend;-)

tiggerprr said...

Sounds like you had an eventful time! :( Glad to see that you're up and running in good order. :)

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

At least yours just didn't look good. Mine I thought would not ever be put up.
Mines' up too.