Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A mostly lovely day

A bit of rain, but mid-70s low 80s most of the day. Finally got my hair done (cut and color), postponed from last week when I decided to spend week 11 at Lakeside. The sun had pretty much bleached it out. I truly had considered going gray (or white?), but don't like it. Reentry has been a challenge. No place to walk that has sunrises, but I have walked mostly on drive-ways and asphalt, this morning in the Meijer's parking lot. We came home to plumbing repair--in the middle of the night Sunday/Monday I heard a drip drip drip. Got that fixed today after being banished from my bathroom for 2 days. I got 1/2 the tar cleaned off my van, a gift from some inconsiderate truck ambling along Rt. 4 dribbling as he went. The cat has diarrhea, and we've been trimming her tail, since she hasn't quite figured out how high to lift it! Like me she's getting old and creaky--doesn't seem quite sure about jumping up on my lap. The dryer switch has died, so I have wet laundry hanging around the lower level (but no clothes line). My husband has matted and framed four of my summer paintings, so I'll be ready for the art show at Mill Run next week. Tomorrow we're doing some sort of art adventure with 3 other couples, but I'm a bit fuzzy on the details since I didn't plan it. Sunday we're invited to a party for a couple celebrating their 50th. The invitation has their wedding photo, which is a nice touch--wedding dresses were much more beautiful and not so revealing 50 years ago. But my goodness, they look young!

Dinner tonight: bratwurst, lightly steamed and buttered beet tops, fried new red potatoes, and strawberries topped with dark chocolate ice cream.

Summer's over. I'll be back at the lake to volunteer for the Midwest Bird Symposium later in the month, but for now, it's just a pleasant memory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great summer at Lakeside. Hard to believe it's over already! Jerry

Norma said...

Guessing this is Jerry from MI and not Jerry next door, I'll just say not as great as yours!

Anonymous said...

It was fantastic. But, relaxing by the lake and taking in all that Lakeside has to offer isn't bad either! Would love to see your paintings.