Thursday, November 05, 2009

Matching thread for my matchy matchy outfit


The other day I mentioned that I'd bought a 3 piece outfit--slacks, sweater, long sleeve shirt--the shade of infant formula spit up at the Discovery shop for $3.00. At that price, I figured I could wear it to exercise class, washing the car or for swimming in Lake Erie. However, the slacks are a bit too long. So I dug around in my mother's sewing cabinet, through Neno's (my husband's grandmother born in 1887) wooden spools and those from the years when I used to sew. No matches for my matchy matchy bargain. I'll have to check with the neighbors. A new spool of thread would probably cost more than the outfit.

1 comment:

Norma said...

I wore this a few times. The color was so ugly and so bad for my skin tone, it soon was given away. That's probably why it was at the resale shop. This color wouldn't look good on anyone.