Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Where is my new van?

Is it asking too much? A 2010 Dodge minivan ? Actually, I'd love to be able to reward Ford for staying in the free market and not becoming part of the state automobile industry run by a car czar. But they don't make minivans anymore, plus, even when they did, the seats were horrid.

I've looked at the Chrysler models online, and usually the web page bumps me back to 2009, which is not a good sign. I haven't see a van on a lot in a year (except for used). I do not want to be squished and smashed into a small car where instead of seeing over the traffic at Ohio cornfields I'm looking at mudflaps and dead deer.

My Dodge 2002 is very comfortable and at 26 mpg on the highway I haven't seen anything out there to match it. I suppose my son can keep it running another 10 years (Jack Maxton) but really I'd rather get a 2010.

Have cash will deal. Call me (do I sound like Gleen Beck?). I can give you a good price on a sweet, lovingly cared for, used van with good tires and mileage driven by a little old lady librarian. But I want my new one first.

4 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

I hope you find what you're looking for. I just recently upgraded my 94 Explorer for an 09. I've made one payment on it and already it feels "old hat" I'm sure it will feel new again once DH gets home to see it. at least I'm hoping.

I need to update the computer story. I'll be shopping for a data recovery service to save my pictures (that I didn't back up!) lol

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

We 3 little old ladies have been trying to decide on a new car for over a year...I think Ford,one wants another Saturn(not sure that is a winner) and the other,the tratior,wants a Toyota! We share this car and all upkeep...I haven't driven since 1974,one doesn't drive at night and the other does not make left turns! Maybe we should just not go anywhere for soon there may not a choice in the matter. A very kind male friend recently suggested we buy a used Buick from a little old lady going in the local nursing home...but we are already little old ladies and are cuurently driving an old but gentle used Saturn. ...so we do nothing and hope they "Old girl" keeps on running(the gas mileage has been great) Confused in IL

Norma said...

Get the Buick, if it's 4 door and comfy. It will probably last you another 10 years. Although measure that garage first.

Dante Mallet said...

You can upgrade your car if it's too old already, or if it gets broken. And you've got a great choice in terms of durable cars. Just hoping the same for you. Good luck Norma!