Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kony 2012 is falling apart--probably won't stop interference in Uganda

When I'm wrong, it's big time. The Kony video which I actually did research before I passed along the information, took me in too. I began to suspect something amiss when I saw that World Vision didn't list that area as the biggest problem for child soldiers. I knew Obama had already entered Uganda, which should have raised a red flag, but . . . hey, I can get suckered in by a pretty video too. I just didn't check carefully enough--a real problem with social media. Now this: "Jason Russell, whose half-hour documentary urging action against Ugandan warlord Joseph Kony has taken in more than 100 million views during the past week, was arrested Thursday night for allegedly masturbating in public and vandalizing cars, NBC San Diego reports.' "

Link to Jason Russell story

World Vision information on child soldiers in Africa

U.S. troops in Uganda

No comments: