Monday, July 01, 2013

Joan Shaw Turrentine guest blogger on Obamacare impact

The Salvation Army truck just left, taking away the leftovers from our yard sale a couple of weeks ago. I finally have our garage space back! While we were loading the “stuff” on the truck, I asked the worker if it is true that most of the Salvation Army staff has had their hours cut to half-time. He affirmed the truth of what I had heard. So sad! Employers (particularly charities) cannot afford to hire full-time workers - thanks to all the oppressive regulations involved with our new “healthcare” laws which require extensive paperwork and fees for every full-time employee. In the light of the IRS scandal, one has to wonder whether faith-based charities (like Salvation Army) might be especially targeted for extra paper-work limiting their hiring. Throughout my 72 years as a citizen of this once-great country I have been a trusting, patriotic citizen. It breaks my heart that I can no longer trust our country’s leaders.

Amen, Joan. (NB)

No comments: