Tuesday, June 14, 2005

1127 Small, shrinking comfort

Apparently the Australians have discovered that even though your brain starts shrinking after age 60, that doesn't impair your cognitive functions. Oh yeah? Just where do they think those brain parts are going? In men, they go to their ears and nose(s), and in women they settle either on their waists or thighs, whichever area they've been battling all their lives. I'm using my extra 10-15 pounds as a cheap cosmetic solution to fill out my facial wrinkles, but I'm suspecting my brain cells have settled on my waist. All my life my waist has been too small to wear with the clothing size my hips demanded. Even in the days I wore a size 8 jeans (now memorialized in my clothing archives), the waist gapped. Now when I put my hands on my hips to display the body language of "I don't believe you just said that," there is a roll of flesh protruding between my index and middle fingers. Brain matter, most likely. Mystery solved, because my honed reference skills can still figure out the more important problems of the world, even if I can't understand the Jackson verdict.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Thanks for splainin about my ears and nose.

Norma said...

You're welcome. How you doing on the colonoscopy?

Susan said...

Oh, you sound like you're build like my mom and me. My mom, who is 66, is pretty distraught that her best feature, her small waist isn't small anymore. With this information, I'm sure she'll fell much better. My time is coming, so at least my clothes should fit better and I'll know where my brains went!