Friday, June 17, 2005

1141 We knew this, didn't we?

A writer who claims to be a teacher (lecturer) at Northwestern, Bill Savage, has proudly admitted to the bias, evangelizing and missionary zeal of the left in the college classrooms of America. And they think there's a problem at the Air Force Academy?

"I don't need to have kids to create mini-me voters: I get classrooms full of other people's kids, most already of voting age. And I'm not alone. As right-wing hysterics have recently noticed, universities in America are dominated by lefties like me." Here's a link to a link, because I don't want the scrummy page on my links.

The whole article sounds like a vicious hoax to discredit leftist professors to me--especially the illustration that looks like paper doll clothes for a farm kid, complete with red meat stamped USDA, and the WWJD baseball cap. No left wing nut is that stupid. . . OK. Maybe there is a real Bill Savage, I mean, we know he's real because if you've been on any university campus or sent your kids off to college, you know he's real. But I mean really real, as in a flesh and blood human being with identification and credentials that will soon be pulled.

3 comments:

Paula said...

That article was very mild. There's nothing wrong with professors encouraging students to think for themselves. And young peeps aren't so dumb: I had a prof. who declared that he should be paid the same salary as a brain surgeon cuz he was helping our brains just as much, and we all just laffed at him.

Feed Fido said...

He's for real. Checked out the directory. I had a prof. who tol dus the first clas sthat a pro-life position would not be allowe b/c it was based on religion. Needless to say, I walked out. Oh I do have a great story about a liberal prof that turned Christian much to his shock and horror. He was flaming liberal, but fair he loved to hear me pontificate because 1.) most of the clas was asleep 2.) he loved to consider himself a true liberal

Now he's asking WWJD? LOL

Norma said...

That's a hoot. I hope you write that up in your inib inibit innib, well, you know, your unique style. He really was a true liberal--I've met a few. When I was a liberal, I was terribly rigid and closed minded. Only wild, ridiculous things could make it through my mind.