Friday, June 24, 2005

1180 Friday Feast 53

These questions come from Friday Feast and you're welcome to answer them and then let the site know.

Appetizer
What time do you usually wake up each day? If you could choose your wake-up time, when would it be?
I wake up about 4:30-5:00 a.m. I never use an alarm clock (keeps me awake), so it must be perfect for my internal clock. Even as a young child, I was always the first one up.

Soup
When was the last time you bought groceries? What store did you go to? Name 3 things you purchased.
I usually buy groceries on Monday morning at the Meijer store, because it doesn't have loyalty card silliness. Apples. Cat food. Cheese. Also stopped at Trader Joe's which is near by. When I'm in my "old" neighborhood I enjoy using a family owned, neighborhood grocery store, Huffman's Market.

Salad
How many books have you read so far this year? Which was your favorite and why?
I've probably read 6 or 7 this year. So far, Alexander Hamilton is my favorite. However, Ship of Gold in the Deep Blue Sea by Gary Kinder was also wonderful. Hamilton is probably our most amazing "founding father," and one can't imagine the United States without his influence. Ship of Gold was just extremely well written with an amazing wealth of information about the ocean, American history and the odd way some people have of drawing others into their plans.

Main Course
What is something you consider to be very elegant? In particular, what about that item/place/person conjures up the feeling of elegance?
Although I'm certainly no fashion expert nor do I worry much about my own clothes, I'm always very impressed by the elegance of the women's fashions in the 1930s and 1940s movies. They really put today's fashions to shame.

Dessert
Who taught you how to drive?
My mother was the first. However, I did take Driver's Ed in high school, and I believe the teacher was the P.E. instructor. I've never had nor been in an accident. I've had two speeding tickets, both for going 45 mph in a 35 mph zone. My father drove from age 14 to 88 and had one accident, and that was caused by the other person.

1 comment:

Feed Fido said...

FYI:
http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/thycatest.htm

New blood test for early detection of thyroid cancer reoccurence.