Thursday, August 25, 2005

1406 What I haven't seen this summer

Yesterday I made a few notes on what I hadn't seen this summer:

  • a sunset
  • a sunrise
  • a live skunk in our yard
  • a dead skunk on the highway
  • a deer in my head lights
  • a teen-age couple under the street light
  • the left side of 140 lbs.
  • a restaurant outside the gates
  • a new litter of feral kittens
  • Wall Street Journal

But I'm happy to say that last night we walked down to the dock and with about 30 other people watched a gorgeous sunset. We took along the binoculars and passed them around. Because it is week 9, I think we may have been the youngest folks watching.

Then on my way home from the grocery story I noticed a slight whif of skunk, but nothing like most years. I recognize the little feral kittens from last year's batch--probably someone has captured them and had them neutered. And today I bought a Wall Street Journal.

What I have seen this summer:

  • the new director becoming more comfortable and relaxed in his job
  • plein air painters
  • a huge interest in landscaping and home floral beds (new director's influence)
  • large crowds at the lakefront worship service on Sunday
  • soaring real estate prices--$800,000 on the lakefront, and $300-600,000 in our neighborhood
  • growing interest in community theater
  • enormous increase and interest in the arts and crafts offerings
  • a new and thriving coffee shop

Way to go, Lakesiders.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.