Sunday, May 13, 2007

3824

Back home again in Indiana

One of the nice people I've met at the coffee shop is Sharon Burns. She's also the only person I know who is making plans to retire in Evansville, Indiana. I won't even tell you all the great things she has told me--she wouldn't want too many people to rush over there and buy property. But she is also an author. She's written this book published by Barnes & Noble.


Pop over to the link and read the synopsis. If it is as interesting and charming as she is, it should be a good read. My parents are gone now, but it might have some useful information for others.

2 comments:

Dancing Boys Mom said...

Evansville, eh? I have a friend in Boonville (sp?) which is, in SoCal terms, a suburb of Evansville. She speaks very highly of the area.

Re: Rancho--yes, we white folk are the reason for all that ails our society and the world in general, doncha know? lol. No, we haven't any horses--yet. We'd certainly like one though. We can have chickens and goats, and other small "farm" animals in our current property but it is deemed too small for horses, and it definitely is. Only 9,500 sq. ft. But that is quite large by SoCal standards. I shake my head in disgust. :-D

Norma said...

Yes, I thought the history of RC was really odd. When your median house price is $800,000 why are you bad mouthing the people who can afford to live there?