Monday, May 14, 2007

3826

Jewish Genius

If you read no other article today, be sure to stop at Commentary and read Charles Murray's article on why Jews are smarter than the rest of the population. He's a Scots-Irish from Iowa and he examines all the different theories and history of Jewish intelligence. The American "normed" intelligence is 100; for Jews it is 110.
    The imbalance continues to increase for still higher IQ’s. New York City’s public-school system used to administer a pencil-and-paper IQ test to its entire school population. In 1954, a psychologist used those test results to identify all 28 children in the New York public-school system with measured IQ’s of 170 or higher. Of those 28, 24 were Jews.
Although in the end, after citing all the theories going all the way back to the Babylonian captivity, some of which have to do with employment selection, he has painted himself into a corner and finally concludes,
    At this point, I take sanctuary in my remaining hypothesis, uniquely parsimonious and happily irrefutable. The Jews are God’s chosen people.

2 comments:

JAM said...

Amen.

I know that those of us who believe in Jesus are adopted and have the associated benefits (for lack of a better way to phrase it) but I still marvel at the Jews.

Only God could have kept them from being wiped out. So many have tried to do just that over the millenia.

I haven't said this very much, because when I did, people looked at me as if I were insane, but I personally believe that the whole reason for the existence and blessings that America has had was just so God could finally get Israel reformed. I also believe that America's existence and continued blessings hinges on whether or not we support Israel. I've read the Bible from front to back a number of times, and have yet to see a mention of America. Even to the end of Revelation, it's all about God trying to get the Jews to return to him.

We were just grafted in.

Norma said...

I'm not a dispensationalist, but no matter which end of history theory you subscribe to, the USA doesn't appear to be there. Or any country in north or south America. Maybe our part of the globe goes under in the global warming when the water rises?