Friday, June 26, 2009

Jackson coverage way overdone

It makes you wonder what's going on in Congress and the White House that isn't getting coverage since the press is doing nothing but the Jackson death. The President is throwing the kitchen sink at us, just as in the plan book to bring the country to its knees, so when we don't hear of any major take-over--major industry, energy, media, health, military, etc.--for 24 hours, I start to wonder. I made the mistake of googling "media overdoes Jackson death," and it tried to change it to "overdose." Even the overload of Twitter became a story. No! I mean hasn't anything else happened on the globe? For once I found myself agreeing with Gibbs:
    "White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters that Obama sent his condolences to the Jackson family and fans. When asked why a formal statement would not be released, Gibbs said, "Because I just said it." "
And how many days before Obama sent condolences to the family of the recruiter, William Long, one of his soldiers, murdered by Muslim terrorist? Three. Will he need to note every entertainer who dies? What about Farrah?

Also, let's not forget how the media reported on Jackson in the past for all the cosmetic surgery, child abuse charges, etc. when he was no longer a cute, youthful performer. Since they blamed the rest of us for the deaths of everyone from George Tiller to John F. Kennedy, will they now take the blame?

When they come up for air, they report on Gov. Sanford.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too,thought it was way too much coverage but if as you say, you have 6 TV sets(or some such number) you could hardly get away from it. But you told me you didn't watch much television???? Mark Sanford is probably glad to see something take his affair off the screen for awhile. And yes, isn't there still a couple of wars on,we have some other important issues to deal with,you are right.

Norma said...

The TV is usually on, whether or not I watch and pay attention. Yesterday was spent changing channels--I immediately change when Obama's monotone stammer comes on, then I had to hit the remote for Jackson coverage too! Nap time was rough! Only one TV at the lake and no cable so this is when I get my eyeful and earful of broadcast TV.

Anonymous said...

I'm stunned that after accounts of childhood abuse, Jackson's parents are getting even temporary custody.