Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Addressing Christmas Cards 1974


At least I think that's what I was doing--red envelopes  Look at that lime green and yellow vinyl wall paper!  I think 1974 was the year because that's when I got the "serf" haircut.  I can spot at least 3 things posted next to my desk from my friend Lynne.  Her mother was an artist and used to whip out adorable cards.  See the cabinet and shelves behind me?  Originally, that unpainted pine unit held children's toys; then all my office stuff; now it's in the basement holding light bulbs, vacuum cleaner bags, tools, nails, screws, and general junk.  The desk I'm still using--that might have been the reason for the photo (a polaroid) to show off the desk. Looks like the desk lamp was from the children's nursery. The shelves above my head are still with us somewhere in the basement.

1 comment:

Norma said...

I was asked about my dark hair. As I recall, my hair did get much darker in my 30s, and I also used a dark rinse. However, around 1980 I started "high-lighting" it to hide the gray, and it's gotten lighter ever since. Gray is fine, but with pale skin, it's not fun.