Thursday, December 09, 2010

E-mail scams--Oh the creativity!

Yesterday I got one with great graphics--was supposed to be from the FBI although I don't remember exactly what I was being offered. Here are excerpts from the 3 or 4 a day I get. I only get them through my OSU mail account. Road Runner, being a business seems a bit better at catching them and dumping.


I am delighted to inform you that the Guarantee Trust Bank Plc (GTB) Management through the office of Mr. President have decided to call back all approved fund payment through offshore payment center following directives from UNITED NATIONS & WORLD BANK and have concluded arrangements to pay your beneficiary/contractual fund by cash through Diplomatic Agent. The Agent will be delivering the cash in a Machine sealed consignment to your door step as my bank have temporarily stopped further payment via wire transfer this quarter.

----------------

Since his death, I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the holly Quaran is against. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of (£ 2.3 Million Pounds) with the a security company here in London, Presently, the fund is still with the security company. Recently, my Doctor told me that I have serious sickness which is cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to an Organisation,Company or individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here-in.

-------------

For some time now,i have not be able to make any long distance travel because of my health, so i wanted my investment liquidated and transferred to my account by Swift, but the Investors insist, they can not transfer the funds to any bank account outside United State due to their new company policy trigered by the prevailing economic meltdown.

Meanwhile, i wanted to travel to the US to get the funds myself but my doctor advice against it ,that due to my present state of health i can not make such a long distance trip. So i was told to provide someone in the United State to receive the funds on my behalf.

Please let me know if you can handle the funds on my behalf and forward to me. You shall be entitle to 10% of the money you receive and forward me the balance 90% WITHOUT YOU SPENDING A SINGLE CENT FROM YOUR END.

--------------

I am Assistant Manager in banking institution, For your kind attention, I will be very glad if you do assist me to relocate the sum Million of Dollars to your personal bank account for the benefit of both of us as a foreign partner. The fund belong to a late Spanish contractor here, he died in an accident on his way going back to construction site four years ago.

------------------------------

To be precise; I am Dr. Huck Laman Senior manager of ABSA BANK Limited
Johannesburg South Africa. In my department, we discovered an abandoned sum of US$ 43 Million(Forty Three Million United State Dollars) in an account that belongs to one of our customers who died along with his entire family in 1988 Lockerbie Pan American Airline plane crash. Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applied for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking procedures, but unfortunately to no avail and nobody has come forward to claim the money.

-----------------------

My condition is serious and according to my doctor, he said it is obvious that I will not survive it. I have some funds that my late husband WILLED to me in cash, the sum of $3,700,000.00 million United States of American Dollars, which is deposited in my bank. After my prayers, I searched the internet were i found your email address and I decided to contact you for the usage of the funds for the less privilege or the poor.

--------------------------

I know that it will sound so strange when receive this Email. Hope you will treat it kind I want use this medium to ask for your assistance. My father died in bomb explosion, which occurred on Jan. 2008 in Republic of Togo. When he was alive he was an oil marchant and also the chairman of Republic of Togo Oil producing Development Area he lodge a ver huge amount of money into my account whats of $ 16million US dollars. My problem now is that my stepmother who want me died because of this money. She is after my life now also doing her possible best to get this money from me. Please I want you to assist to secure a foreign account where I will lodge this fund into without any delay.

--------------------------

Because of the elaborate global scam, we decided to contact you for confirmation. If after two working days, no responce is received from you, it will be assumed that you are dead and as such authorisation and approval will be granted on behalf of Messers Jacobs enterprises to claim/receive your fund.

------------------------

I was told by the doctor that I was poisoned and has got my liver damaged and can only live for some months. When my let husband was alive he deposited the sum of us$7.3 Million Dollars with one of the Bank here in Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire. and I cannot think of anybody trying to kill me apart from my late husband business associate in order to inherit the money, because my son is only eight years old. I will issue you the vital document that will prove to you the present beneficiary of the fund.

The poisoned liver one just came today. Nice touch. Occasionally I glance through them and wonder. . . Do people really fall for this? If they do, they deserve what they get--a scam and a hoax based on greed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The generic term is "Nigerian Scams" and yes, if only one person falls for it, it is worth their time and evil intent.