Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Winter catalogues

Oh NO! And it's 80 degrees. Talbots and L.L. Bean are already here. However, glancing through both (What? a $99 "hoodie" are you crazy?) I noticed blazers seemed to be having a comeback. So this morning, I wore my tan jeans (Lazurus, birthday 2004) and my navy linen/rayon blazer ( Chadwicks ca. 1997) with a white shirt to the coffee shop. Then I read the article in WSJ--something about a jeans jacket over a mini-dress over pants, or something. And I'd just put the 80s in the back of the closet, and here they are again. Back to the drawing board. I'll just never be a fashionista. I used to say I looked better than a lot of women who planned to go to work, but I've noticed with the down economy, people are sprucing up a bit.

Yesterday I saw a woman who appeared to be of middle eastern origin wearing bright fuscia leggings, under a shear black mini-dress with a lot of jewelry and 3" high heels. At a 3 store shopping area in Upper Arlington. Did I miss a fad while I was gone for the summer?

2 comments:

E said...

I've given up on it. My look never seems to change with the times. I just incorporate the "new things" that I like and are comfortable. You will NEVER see me wearing pointy heels or a short jacket that cuts off at the ribs. If it ain't comfortable, forget about it!!

Norma said...

I'm so glad you mentioned the name of your dog that left you a gift, otherwise I wouldn't have known my old blogging friend. Why am I not on your links.