Thursday, December 07, 2006

3250 Head for the Resale Shop

if you've gained or lost weight. Today I went to the American Cancer Society Shop up the street and bought 4 pair of slacks, black, brown, navy and tweed. Not terribly exciting, but they were all lined, 100% wool or wool blend and better quality than I usually buy; they appear to have been shortened just a bit which is great, all the buttons are sewn on and they cost between $8-10 each. But here's the best part. Because they are several years old, all had natural waists! I hate the pants style that rides below the waist--your shirt won't stay in, it won't stay flat across your tummy, and they gap big time when you sit down. I also bought a navy muted plaid suit with a pleated skirt--haven't seen one since the mid-90s, so that's probably the vintage, but it didn't have huge shoulder pads and the jacket was nicely fitted. Somebody my size up in Dublin must be cleaning out her closets!

And before I could even think about it, I bundled up about 7 pair of slacks that are either too big, or so old that the linings are ripped. I never take anything to a resale shop because I buy for value, not quality, so these will go to the church for our urban ministry to be redistributed to people who need them. And just a little of the cat is going with them since I didn't notice she'd been sleeping on the bed before I put them down.

If you need a party dress, Oh My, this place has them--and lots of cute fancy jackets to wear with dressy slacks or a velvet skirt. I just didn't need any bling this year.



No comments: