Friday, December 22, 2006

3297 Stop tweaking!

I am sooooo sick of everything I use trying to improve (keep the staff busy through Christmas?). I haven't yet been able to switch to Blogger Beta, which now isn't calling itself that. None of my blogs appear on the dashboard. The new adobe acrobat (version 7?) is just a pain to read on screen and to scroll. The new IE just makes a mess of my blogger template when I try to add a link (requires about 3 clicks), and it takes 4 or 5 clicks to get out of some people's comments. And the spam filters some of you are putting up. Gracious. Good-bye Chickadee--I'll never visit again. Switch to something better if your home for your blog can't protect you with some blocks. Firefox "improved" something a day or two ago--wonder if it will still make my computer crash if I don't start out in it. And I swear I won't click to register on Thursday Thirteen until the owner finds a way to stop flooding my mailbox with replies I didn't sign up for. I didn't register to comment on the TT forum to complain, because I'm plumb out of patience with registering so I can comment. You'll just have to find me after I find you on Thursdays. I think yesterday I had to delete 120 bulk mailings from my medscape account because of TT. And Mr. Linky--folks--all the links disappear the next time you use that link stealer. Links have to appear on the first page to be counted or recognized.

I'm off to get a cut and color so I'll be gorgeous for the holidays. Maybe everything will solve itself by the time I return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am tired of registering just so I can say "hello!" So I don't.

I had huge problems with my initial switch over to Blogger Beta, but since haven't had much trouble...and none at all since they forced everyone else to convert too. I love the new Firefox, but can't stand IE7, so I've given up all attempts to use it. MSN can whistle for it if they want my business! :)

I am happy to visit places that I'm welcome, though, so thanks! :) And happy holidays! (And I saw your picture, you're beautiful even without your fancy new cut and colour!)

Anonymous said...

Hiya Norma,

Hope your New Year is full of cooperative technology, especially Blogger (no longer "beta" but just as quirky!).

Hang in there, we will all just keep getting better and better!

Your slow, dial-up pal,
TL