Saturday, December 30, 2006

3313 Does this book make me look fat?

This surprised me a bit. Not sure how to take it.

"As a woman ages, she lets up a bit on what she sets as her ideal body weight. Systematic studies have found that over the age of 30, a woman will rate her ideal figure as significantly larger than that perceived as most attractive to men." p. 146, The Longevity Bible.

I like to think women over 30 are just less influenced by what the ad agencies say look good. What do you think? If I weighed what I did in high school--120--which was fine for a 17 year old, I'd probably be rushed to the hospital.

, ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I think we are just more secure in our appearance. I know I'm more realistic. I'll never look like a supermodel no matter how much weight I lose. I'm only 5'4" and I'm pretty sure I'm done growing (growing up anyway).

Anonymous said...

Hm. I don't think we can compare youngsters with more real women. It's only natural to gain some more weight when getting older. After we stopped growing, childbirth and not running around as much as before it would be strange if we didn't get a bit more fat on our bodys!