Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday Memories

Did I ever tell you about my brief, Christmas singing career?

my pimped pic!
This memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think it was for Christmas 1947 that my mother organized her four adorable children, 6, 8, 10, and 12, into a quartet and we performed for the various organizations and church groups in our little town of Forreston, Illinois. It was a very small town, so people must have heard us more than once. I'm not sure if Mother was overcome with ambition, or the townspeople were trying to make us feel welcome, or if there was a huge shortage of programming, or all three. My oldest sister played the piano, and the rest of us, little stair steps dressed in our Sunday best, faced the audience and sang, "Frosty the Snowman," "White Christmas," and "Winter Wonderland." My sister continues to perform as a church musician, but the rest of us had no talent and we outgrew cute. However, it was fun--and I still know the words.

You'll find lots of ways to modify your photos with beards, wigs, hats or antlers with this.


My visitors and those I'll visit this week are:
Anna, Becki, Chelle, Chelle Y., Cozy Reader, Debbie, Friday's Child, Gracey, Irish Church Lady, Janene, Janene in Ohio, Jen, Katia, Lady Bug, Lazy Daisy, Ma, Mrs. Lifecruiser, Melli, Michelle, Paul, Susan, Viamarie,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must have been so cute to see! In different ages like that. Love the picture too, you were very pretty as a girl :-)

Melli said...

Oh my goodness! What a fabulous memory your mother built for you! That is great!!! I know you had fun! What child doesn't like to be the center of attention!?

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. And great memories. As a mother of five children, but only and youngest daugheter a long way down from the next sibling up I often wonder what it would have been like to be one of four or five in steps and stairs. It must have had some great moments.

Sally

Susan said...

I'm always a little jealous over families that sing together,even if only for one "season" once. Cute, cute story. [And cute girl~at first I thought it was a stock photo, but that's not like you, to use generic!)

I have my MM up, but I'm so clueless about "tags" and memes, etc. I signed up with Technorati but I just don't have the will/time to figure this all out.

Anonymous said...

That is such a great memory and the picture is adorable!