Tuesday, April 24, 2007

3745

Crow Droppings, #2

The Sheryl Crow absurd story did inspire me. Did you know the bacteria count on women's desks and keyboards is much higher than on men's? Yes, it's because of make-up and keeping food to nibble. So imagine what is going on in our bathrooms? The toilets are probably cleaner than the medicine cabinet or cosmetic shelf.

Yes, I do eat sometimes at this messy desk. Janeen takes photos of her projects. Here's mine.

So today I decided to do a thorough check of the bathrooms and pitch samples and half-used things. Believe it or not, I threw out a can of Avon bathpower from the mid-50s. Yes, I know people collect that stuff, and I wouldn't have dreamed of using it, but it just felt a little creepy that I would still have something I got from my sister when she sold Avon products (I think she was a sophomore or junior in high school and did quite well at it).

You'd think with all this help I'd be prettier--or at least smarter, since some of these bottles are at least a decade old. Most of this was thrown out.

While I was doing it, I spread out to the upstairs closets and my husband's bathroom. So the whole area is in total chaos, and I've come downstairs for a cup of coffee and a little blog reading.

It's really strange to be inspired to clean by crow droppings.

Update: Now she says she was kidding. A little slow there.

1 comment:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Crow droppings (rolf - lol):)
I like your project pictures. It's funny the things these projects can bring to light (like Avon from so many years ago).