Saturday, April 14, 2007

3703

The broken string

I read a very moving story about Itzhak Perlman at someone's blog today--it's apparently been making the rounds in e-mail since 2001, she received it and put it on her blog. But it is an Urban legend. However, she found it so comforting, I didn't leave a comment. There's another one going around e-mail about how George Bush's modest Texas White House is so much more energy efficient and well designed to complement the environment than Al Gore's mansion. I checked that out too, and it is true. I can't remember if I blogged about that--don't think so. I have some liberal readers who become a bit upset if GWB does something right, so I try to respect their tender feelings.

I've been waiting all afternoon for the cold rain to stop. I think it is about 38 degrees. I wanted to walk outside because I'm in a 50 Days of Easter walking group. We keep track of our minutes and miles and encourage each other. But this is better than the snow that was predicted. Flowers and fruit trees in central Ohio are certainly longing for a bit of global warming.

2 comments:

Moby Dick said...

Your pal GW wants to legalize the 12 million folks that are mowing your lawn and harvesting your fruits and vegetables. The only reason his home is more energy efficient is because he has illegals inside the walls running on tracks that generate electricity. The solar panels are just for show.

Norma said...

All our illegals in Ohio have much better jobs than that! Jobs Americans won't take, indeed! But you do have some cute ideas. That's what I like about liberals. They are always fun at a party.