Tuesday, April 10, 2007

3683

Mike Bassett wants to give you a house

Mike Bassett owns a supermarket and hardware store where I often shop in the summer near Lakeside, OH. Nice guy--his family has been in the grocery business for over 100 years. He used to own a house on our street. He must be expanding in Bellvue, OH because he owns a very nice home there and will give it away, but you have to move it. I saw the item in the Columbus Dispatch, but when I googled it for a link, I see it was in a lot of papers and on several TV shows--even in Canada. AP must have picked up the story. I couldn't find a photo on the web, but it has 3600 sq. ft., lovely wood work, beveled glass windows, big porch of natural stone and a fireplace. I would judge it to be (from the Dispatch photo) built around 1910-1920 because it sort of has an Arts and Crafts look with maybe a touch of Green and Green or early Frank Lloyd Wright influence. You'd need a really big lot and probably about $80,000 to move it. Bellvue is 45 miles south of Toledo.

No comments: