Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Taxman Rap

I first posted this on June 10, 2008. Since tax time is nearing at the same time that we're experiencing unprecedented consumption of our taxes for clunkers, bank bailouts, buying up GM, modifying mortgages, sinking money down green holes, and taking over the health care segment of the economy (because the government has managed Medicaid, Medicare, SCHIP, SNAP, WIC, VA etc. so wonderfully well) I'm reposting my Taxman Rap.
The Taxman Rap

More new taxes
to buy axes
for our backses
and our neckses

for our gases
and our classes
(just the riches'
and the niches.)

Yo! Obama
Go! Oh mama
You our Papa
You Messiah.

Obama can
He is the man
He do the plan
He be the taxman.

4 comments:

KOAB said...

Yet another example of why white people shouldn't rap....

Norma said...

And your last performance was. . .?

The TaxWoman said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you stated in your "about me" section that you not only worked at a public university, paid for by TAX DOLLARS...but you were ALSO a librarian. Here's the kicker, do you know how libraries are paid for? That's right, libraries are paid for by (drum roll please) da-na-na-...TAXES!!! Sorry, Norma, your logic isn't making sense to me. Seems like you should be a bit more appreciative of the taxman given your background.

Norma said...

What did I ever write that made you think I didn't know I have always worked for the government in some form, except for babysitting and detasseling corn? Even when I worked for OhioNet, which is a private company (I think) all their sources came from gov't grants of some type through local libraries, the state library or OCLC which in turn got its funding the same way. I'm also a pretty good student (all state education, btw) of Communism, marxism, and other -isms, since I was a Russian major and a former librarian of Slavic material. I also drive on tax supported roads and bridges, and walk on a section of sidewalk paid for by ARRA and grew up using parks built by the WPA!!! I don't even think taxes are evil. I think they are quite necessary. The trillions Obama is asking for is beyond the acceptable limit. And I knew that in 2008--didn't believe a word he said then, and still don't. His plan is to implode the government. (smile, The word verification here is "splat." How appropriate.)